Tuesday is said to be the most productive day of the week so it’s the perfect time to put a goal into action. The number one new year resolution or goal that I hear people make is to drink more water. It seems like an easy enough goal and we all know we should be drinking 64 oz of water per day but sometimes it’s hard to remember to put down the coffee (looking at myself) and pick up the water bottle. This CBS article shares that about 75% of the American population is chronically dehydrated. Chronic dehydration can cause mental fog, headaches, fatigue, dry skin, muscle cramps, and more. Solution? You guessed it. Drink more water….but not all at once. I am guilty of suddenly remembering that I haven’t had enough water all day and then chugging a whole liter of water at once only to get a horrible stomach ache, headache, or that feeling of a whole liter of water sloshing around in my tummy while I try to sleep.
I have developed some helpful tips and life hacks for staying hydrated in the right way.
- Set alarms or reminder on your phone throughout the day and every time one of the alarms goes off, drink 8oz of water.
- As soon as you wake up drink 16 oz of water. Do the same right before you go to bed. There’s 32 oz already!
- Keep a water bottle in plain sight and within reach all day. I like to keep one right next to my computer screen. I am looking at the screen all day so I see the water bottle and it’s a subtle reminder to take a sip.
- Take small sips throughout the day. To avoid chugging an entire days worth of water at once just take a sit every time you click send on an email or pause for a moment to think about your next task.
- Get a cute water bottle. If you have an eye-catching water bottle then you are more likely to pick it up and take a sip.
- Remind yourself of the awesome benefits of staying hydrated. Want beautiful skin? Drink water. Want bright eyes? Drink water. Want more energy? Drink water.
- Find out just how much water you should be drinking with this handy Water Intake Calculator.
Those are just my tips for getting in more water every day and I would love to hear your advice or tips. Let me know in a comment on this post or Tweet me @courtneywval
Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world today and I’ll talk to you again soon!