It’s DIY time!
I thought of this last week when I was repurposing empty containers…ok, trash. It didn’t really fit in the same theme as those other products but I still thought you might be interested in trying this.
This is a great way to use an old DVD case to make your own custom make-up palette.
Here’s what you need to do:
1. De-pot the eye shadows, blushes, bronzers, or lipstick pans you want in your palette.
2. Arrange the products in the palette so the DVD spool is not hitting any products. If you want to get extra crafty you can take a very sharp knife and actually cut out the DVD spool. Alternatively you could place the products in the circle of the spool.
3. Next, take some super glue and glue in your products. Make sure you are comfortable with the arrangement before hand because the super glue is not easy to remove without ruining your product.
4. Then take out the inside cover and trace it’s shape around the new cover you want on your palette. I chose to use a pretty piece of card stock but you might also consider printing something on your computer with a title for your palette.
5. Slip the new cover in place and you are done!
Here is a picture of one I made. I chose a piece of pink damask card stock as my cover because I LOVE all things damask.