Happy Monday, lovelies!
I hope you had a great weekend full of relaxation. Yesterday morning I spent a little time prepping meals for this week so I will have healthy options ready to go. My doctor recently recommended I eat small meals every 3 hours instead of 3 large meals. She feels this will help with my migraines. I realized quickly that in order to stick to that meal schedule I will need to be way more organized and prepared. So, I made a batch of these healthy mini muffins to keep on hand at work this week. They are small and easy to munch on at my desk. This recipe makes about 24, depending on the size of your bananas. I used 2 large bananas.
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 1 whole egg or 1/4 cup of egg whites OR 1 flax egg (vegan option)
- 2 Tbsp of protein powder. I use the Nutribiotic Brown Rice protein powder.
- 1-2 Tbsp of whole wheat flour. You can use rice or coconut flour if you’re gluten free
- 1/4 tsp of baking powder
- Splash of unsweet almond milk
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.While the oven is preheating mash the bananas well in a medium size mixing bowl. Then add in the egg and protein powder. Mix with a fork until all is well blended. Add in flour and use almond milk as needed to keep texture from being too thick.
3. Spray mini muffin pan with coconut oil spray (Or whatever cooking spray you have on hand).
4. Scoop muffin mixture into pan. Each muffin takes about 1 Tbsp of mixture.
5. Place 1 blueberry in the center of each muffin.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
7. Let cool and then store in the fridge for best freshness.
You can really play with this recipe to make different kinds of mini muffins. I like to make chocolate ones or add in nuts/seeds.
Let me know your favorite on the go snack to take to work because I could use some suggestions! Thank you for stopping by and I’ll talk to you very soon! <3