What are you having for breakfast? I am currently sipping on my usual morning coffee and enjoying one of my homemade protein bars. I made these on Sunday during my weekly meal prep and they are quite tasty!
These bars are so quick and easy to make you will wonder why you didn’t make them before. You can also add or substitute ingredients to suite your individual taste.
*Side Note: I make these bars in small batches but you can double or triple this recipe if you like
What you need:
(Makes 4 bars)
1 cup quick oats
1/4 cup honey
1 scoop protein powder ( I use brown rice protein powder but you can use whatever you like.)
1/4 cup unsweet shredded coconut
2 Tbsp milled or regular chia seeds
1 Tbsp raw cocoa powder
- preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease pan with coconut oil or cooking spray.
- Mix all dry ingredients together thoroughly.
- Heat honey in the microwave or in double boiler until it becomes a thinner consistency.
- Add dry ingredients to pan and then pour honey over the dry mixture and mix well with a spoon.
- Spread the mixture evenly in the pan and gently press it down in the pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes for soft and chewy bars or 15 minutes for crunchy bars.
- Let the bars cool and cut slices in the bars.
- Then place the entire pan in the freezer for an hour.
Viola! Now your bars are ready to be enjoyed.
Here is a close-up look at a the finished bar:
I like to place each bar in plastic wrap or a sandwich bag to take on the go.
You can choose any other ingredients you like in place of the chia, cocoa, and coconut. I think I will use dried cranberries and almonds in my next batch.
The oats, protein powder, and honey are the three main essential ingredients needed for this recipe. You could also try using agave nectar, molasses, or brown rice syrup in place of the honey but I haven’t tested those to know if they will properly hold your bars together.
Let me know if you have another granola or protein bar recipe because I would love try it.
Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the internet. Have a great day and I’ll talk to you soon!