Good Evening! Or Morning, or afternoon….depending on where you live.
I just got done eating dinner and taste testing a new recipe I tried out today. Like always I cant’t just keep these things to my self. Oh no. They must be shared! 🙂
This is a recipe where you take a head of cauliflower and make a substitute for mashed potatoes. This recipe is 100% gluten-free, vegan, and delicious.
It still has the same texture as mashed potatoes and basically the same taste but with more nutritional value. Cauliflower is a great source of protein, potassium, dietary fiber, vitamin C, K, and B6.
1 head of cauliflower
1 1/2 tsp of nutritional yeast
1/2 tsp garlic salt or just plain salt depending on what you prefer
A pinch of black pepper
2 Tbsp of unsweetened almond milk. You could also use unsweetened soy milk.
1. Chop up your head of cauliflower and add all pieces to a large pot of slow boiling water. You can use every bit of the cauliflower except for the leaves so don’t be afraid to add both the florets and stems.
2. Once your cauliflower bits are tender drain the water and add the cauliflower to your blender along with the almond milk.
3. Blend on lowest setting until the mixture is well blended but a few lumps remain. If your blender has a pulse setting, use that.
4. Pour the mixture back into the pot and place it on low heat.
5. Slowly mix in the salt, pepper, and nutritional yeast one at a time.
6. Remove the pot from the stove and serve!
While the recipe itself is vegan I sprinkled a little cheddar cheese on top and it was quite tasty. 😉
This was my first time making this recipe and I was pleasantly surprised. It really does taste just like mashed potatoes!
I hope you enjoy this dish and have a great day!