Today I have a quick treat recipe to share. I was inspired to make these after I saw some delicious looking coconut macaroons in the bakery case of a local coffee shop. These are my version of those macaroons.
What You Need:
- A food chopper or processor
- 3 Dates with the seed removed
- 2 Tbsp of unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 Tsp of sweetened coconut. Alternatively you could add in 1tsp more of unsweetened coconut along with a little sugar or stevia.
- Add in ingredients
- Pulse the food chopper in slow bursts at first to break up the dates and then let it blend until you reach a consistency that looks like this:
- Then spoon out a little of the mixture and roll it into a ball or form into a cookie shape, depending on what you prefer.
- Place the finished treats into cupcake liners and enjoy immediately or place in the fridge to enjoy later.
These are a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth without overdoing it. They are vegan, gluten-free, and all natural. You can’t get much better than that!
Have a date day…I mean great day! 🙂
A few days ago I posted a video on my YouTube channel demonstrating how I made some all natural, allergen-free veggie make-up. You can check it out HERE or watch below.
If you want to follow along with the video here are ingredients you will need:
~ 1-2 slices of beet
~Food processor or food chopper.** I got my little food chopper at Walmart for about $8.
~2 tbsp of water
~A small mixing bowl and spoon
~1 tsp of coconut oil heated to a liquid
~Small container to store your product
**You could also juice some beet if you prefer.
This product gives your lips a really nice rosy tint similar to the Benefit Bene-tint. I love it! It is also really moisturizing. It works best on your cheeks if you dab it in the area you want and blend QUICKLY. As is the case with most liquid/cream blush products you don’t have a lot of time to work. If you get a too much on or the color spreads where you didn’t want it, you can always go over that area with your foundation or powder brush.
Ok, and now for the final test….before and after!
Ta-da! I hope you enjoyed this post and let me know if you try this yourself.
Have a great weekend!