In today’s post I want to share with you how I take a giant stack of magazines and turn it into a compact book. It’s super easy and a great way to have all your favorite articles in once place. Plus it is a great way to boost your mood! (keep reading to find out how)
What You Need:
- Your stack of magazines. I like to stick with one type of magazine per book but you can mix magazines if you want.
- Three-hole binder
- Clear sheet protectors. Make sure to get sheet protectors that already have holes punched in the side.
- Grab your stack of magazines and organize them by type of magazine.
- Flip through each magazine and cut out each recipe or article that you want to keep.
- Create different piles for your articles. For example I divided mine into three piles: recipes, workouts, and beauty/fashion.
- Slip the articles into the clear sheet protectors and then pop them into your binder. You may want to use a separate blank sheet of paper to make a divider to separate each of the different themes within your binder.
- Optional: Make a decorative cover or label for the front of your binder.
To prepare for this project I like to make a cup of my favorite coffee, tea, or hot chocolate and get snugly on the couch. I also like to turn on my favorite music or movie. I found this project to be a great way to unwind while still keeping my mind active.
Sometimes a small project can have a big effect on your mood. The act of organizing stimulates the left side of your brain and when you are able to easily complete this project you are rewarded with a sense of accomplishment. In addition, the act of creating something or looking at creative content keeps the right side of your brain happy. In combination your brain produces more serotonin. (The chocolate can help too!) Serotonin makes brains happy. A happier brain means a happier you! So the next time you are feeling a little down grab that stack of magazines and those mood-boosting juices flowing.
I hope you enjoyed this fun little DIY. If you make a binder like this let me know what magazines or recipes you used in the comments below! You can also tweet me @imperfectperla.
Have a great day!