Today I combined two of my Black Friday finds to create a hair tutorial for you all.
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Today I uploaded a new video on my YouTube Channel sharing with you some high end makeup products I purchased semi-recently. While I was in Chicago this past September I stopped by the Inglot counter at Macy’s and picked up some new makeup goodies to try. I am sorry this post is so late but it just slipped my mind. Opps! Check out my video to see what I picked up and I also share some mini reviews of the products I’ve already used.
You can watch the video HERE or below:
As promised in this video I took some high quality photos while playing around with my dad’s Cannon T5 camera when I was visiting home. Check out the photos below. ** Their products have numbers instead names.
Overall view of my beauty splurge.
Follow Me Here:
Youtube: Click here
Some big changes are coming to my blog and a few have already happened. I want to make it easier for people to find me and my content so I have created a special Instagram and Twitter for all things Courtney!
I already had a personal Instagram and Twitter but I know some of my family and friends don’t really want to constantly see pictures of meals, make-up, etc. So follow me through the accounts listed above!
Other types of posts you can expect on my new social media sites:
~Photos of sales, discounts, or bargains I see while shopping
~Motivational and inspirational content
~Pics of my bunny, Luna
~Budget-friendly and affordable ideas for every day living
~ and more!
I also have a new email address for comments, questions, business inquires, and vidoe/blog requests. Email me at email@example.com
As always you can also connect with me through my Youtube channel .
Thanks for stopping by!
3 Soft T-shirts=$18
1 2 count Soft Lips-$3
1 Sally Hansen Mineral Foot Soak=$9
2 Fing’rs Nail Polish Strips=$12
Click the play button to watch my 2nd Dollar Tree Haul!
A new video just went live on my YouTube Channel about the new revamped lipsticks from L.A. Colors. In that video I showed 6 of the colors on my lips so if you’re interested head on over there to check it out.
I found these at my local Dollar Tree but you can visit the L.A. Colors website to see a complete list of stores that carry their products. Below I have included a full review and swatches of each lipstick. There are A LOT of colors in this line but I only found 6 colors at my local store. At $1 each I decided to get all 6 to show you. It was all for you! 😉
Overall I love these lipsticks and for the price I love them even more. The pigmentation is amazing and they glide on so smoothly. According to the packaging they all contain vitamin E and aloe. They feel like a lip balm but have the pigmentation of a lipstick so it’s the best of both worlds. While some of the shades stain your lips I was able to remove the majority of each color with a make-up wipe. I would definitely recommend these lipsticks to women of any age.
Have you tried these or other L.A. Colors products? Let me know your thoughts or experience! You can comment down below, tweet me@imperfectperla, leave a comment on my YouTube channel here or even email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks so much for stopping by!
About a month ago I did a review video on my YouTube channel and in that video I reviewed a skincare product from Trader Joe’s. I also told you in that video that I would update you on how it was working after I used it for a bit more time.
In case you didn’t see the video you can watch it here or below:
Now, on to the update FAQ style.
Q:Have you seen an improvement in your skin from using this product?
A: Over the past 1-2 months my skin has improved a lot but I think it is a combination of things. Since I have used this product in place of my primer I have noticed my pores are less clogged but I still get the same primer effect. I think this product has helped smooth my skin and hold in moisture from the daily moisturizer I use on top.
Q: What are the pros for the product?
A: It’s gentle on your skin. It’s full of great, mostly natural ingredients. It helps retain moisture and hydration in the skin. It doubles as a light primer. It is well packaged and I like the sanitary pump. It works great on bare skin or paired with a little powder for a make-up less look.
Q: What are the cons for this products?
A: It’s a bit too thick in my opinion for a serum. I also wish it didn’t have as much dimethicone as it does.
Q: Would you repurchase this product?
A: As of right now I don’t think I will immediately repurchase this product because I want to try similar products from other brands but it is something I would use again down the road.
Q: Would you recommend this product?
A: I would but with a disclaimer that it is not like traditional syrupy serums. If you are looking for a primer with the added benefits of antioxidant ingredients then this is a good product to try.
Q: Is this product worth the cost?
A: At $10 for 1 fluid ounces I definitely think this is worth the price. I have been using it generously for 1-2 months and I really haven’t made a big dent. You are also getting a lot of great ingredients for that $10. (if you’d like a full list of the ingredients just let me know and I’ll type it up.)
Q: Overall impression?
A: Overall I think Trader Joe’s did a great job developing this product. I think it mixes skincare with cosmetics and I like that a lot. Anytime you can accomplish two things with one product it’s a plus. Also, like I said in my video I feel this is a unisex product which is unique. Good job, TJ’s!
As always let me know if you have questions or comments. You can tweet me @imperfectperla, email me at cwlinguistics@gmail, or follow me on Instagram @cbwright.
Have a great day and thanks for being here!
A few days ago I posted a video on my YouTube channel demonstrating how I made some all natural, allergen-free veggie make-up. You can check it out HERE or watch below.
If you want to follow along with the video here are ingredients you will need:
~ 1-2 slices of beet
~Food processor or food chopper.** I got my little food chopper at Walmart for about $8.
~2 tbsp of water
~A small mixing bowl and spoon
~1 tsp of coconut oil heated to a liquid
~Small container to store your product
**You could also juice some beet if you prefer.
This product gives your lips a really nice rosy tint similar to the Benefit Bene-tint. I love it! It is also really moisturizing. It works best on your cheeks if you dab it in the area you want and blend QUICKLY. As is the case with most liquid/cream blush products you don’t have a lot of time to work. If you get a too much on or the color spreads where you didn’t want it, you can always go over that area with your foundation or powder brush.
Ok, and now for the final test….before and after!
Ta-da! I hope you enjoyed this post and let me know if you try this yourself.
Have a great weekend!
I just posted a new health related video on my YouTube channel. It’s about the current vitamins I take. I have been really good lately about consistently taking all my vitamins and I am noticing a positive difference inside and out. Check it out and let me know which vitamins you recommend.
Have a great day!
You can check out my other videos on my channel HERE
You can also follow me on twitter HERE
Well hello there!
I have been getting into more DIY (Do It Yourself) projects lately and this past weekend I tried a little experiment that actually worked out, so I thought I would share it with you. Since I didn’t plan to make a post out of this when I was making my lipstick holder I didn’t take step by step pictures like I normally do. Sorry!
DIY: Lipstick Holder
What You Need:
~Empty rectangle cardboard box. I used an empty Nature Valley granola bar box.
~Extra cardboard box.
~Hot glue gun and glue sticks.
What To Do:
1. Remove any flaps so that your box has one open end. If your box is more than 3 inches high you will want to trim it down a bit so you will be able to see the lipsticks.
2. From the bottom of your box measure up 3inches and mark it with your pen. Draw a line above this mark around 3 sides of the box.
3. Using a very sharp knife or scissors cut out those three sides, leaving the back flap if you like. Leaving this back flap will make your holder more sturdy.
4. Now turn the box with one of the shorter sides facing you. Take one of your biggest lipsticks and line it up with the far edge. Make a small mark with your pen on the opposite side of the lipstick. Repeat this step until you reach the other side of the box.
5. Count the marks and this will be how many strips of cardboard you need to cut to make your rows.
6. Now measure the entire length of your lipstick holder and then cut the row strips from your extra cardboard box. The height of the strips should not be shorter than 1 inch.
7. Transfer the marks you made on the side of your box to the inside so you know exactly where to place each row.
8. Using your hot glue gun spread a line of glue on both ends of your row strip and then place it carefully into the bottom of your box.
9. After gluing in each row place in a lipstick and make sure you have enough room in-between the rows for your lipsticks to fit.
10. Repeat until you have finished all of the rows.
11. Next, place your lipstick up against a row and make a mark along its left side on the inside of the box. This will tell you where to place your divider.
12. Cut a few more long strips from that extra cardboard box. The cut off approximately 1/2 inch squares to use as dividers.
13. Glue in your dividers at approximately 3/4 inch intervals. The best way to know exactly how much space you will need between dividers is to use your actual lipsticks. Place one in, mark how much space it needs, remove it, and glue in your divider. As you can see in my picture not all of my dividers are perfectly lined up and that’s OK.
14. Repeat until the entire bottom of the box has smaller boxes for your lipsticks.
15. Place in all of your lipsticks and you are done!
16. If you want you can paint or decorate the lipstick holder however you like.
I really hope that wasn’t too confusing. It’s actually really easy once you get going. From start to finish it took me less than an hour to complete my lipstick holder.
Here is my finished product:
Let me know if you have any other ideas for organizing makeup. Also leave any comments or questions below. Or you can tweet me @imperfectperla. You can also visit my YouTube channel here for more content like this.
Have a great day! 🙂
Have you seen the last few videos I have posted on my YouTube channel? There is a giveaway happening on my April Favorites video and it closes tonight, May 9th at 11:59 PM EST. Enter to win a few neat treats!
You can head on over to My YouTube Channel-Blush&Bunnies to watch the videos or just watch below!
April 2014 Favorites+ Giveaway!
Hope you enjoy! Leave me any comments, questions, or requests below. Subscribe to my channel here for more health and beauty content.
Have a great weekend!