Getting motivated can be tough especially on Monday morning. Generally I think there are two ways your weekend can go. Either you have activities back to back all weekend that you don’t really feel you got time to relax or, you spent your entire weekend relaxing, Netflixing, and brunching with friends so the thought of putting on your adult pants makes you want to curl up into a ball and binge watch Friends. Both of these scenarios make it hard to jump back into a work mindset. Not to worry. I have a few easy things you can do to ensure you set yourself up for a motivated week.
- Get Out Of Bed-Now! As soon as your alarm goes off or you wake up, throw those covers off and physically get out of your bed. Don’t hit the snooze button or check social media while in bed. Immediately get up and start your day.
- Get Physical- Starting your week or day with some sort of physical activity is a great motivator. You can opt for a full body workout, run, or simple take a walk while you drink your morning coffee. Bodies in motivation, stay in motivation.
- Get Minty– Peppermint Oil is one of the best oils or scents you can use to get motivated. It actually increases oxygen saturation of your blood which travels to your brain and wakes you up while improving concentration and focus. Diffuse peppermint oil in your home or office. You can also mix skin safe peppermint oil with a carrier oil and put some on your wrists, neck, or temples.
- Create A Routine-Becoming a continually motivated person requires creating a disciplined routine of motivating habits. Write out your current morning routine and then ask yourself, “Is this routine creating the motivation I need to succeed and live happily?”. Look for areas where you can change small things that will increase your motivation. This may be as simple as the music you listen to on your way to work, or the foods you each for breakfast.
- Try Meditation Or Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction-Being stressed out and overwhelmed is a huge motivation killer. Take time each day to meditate or doing some for of stress reduction mental exercises. Reducing your overall stress will clear your mind of unimportant stressors and allow you to be more focused on the things that truly matter and deserve your attention. (Here is a great online resource!)
These are all things I have tried in my own life and have worked 100% to increase my overall motivation for the day or week ahead. If you have any other ideas please leave me a comment because I would love to know and share your ideas with the community!
Have a great week!